Lay Parish Ministries
The members of Home Ministry lend a helping hand when church members are sick, recovering from surgery, mourning the death of a loved one, or busy with a newborn baby.
Everyone at Christ Church is a member of Home Ministry!
However, a smaller group coordinates these efforts. We meet on the second Tuesday of the month at 10:30 a.m. You are welcome to join us any time.
These are some of the ways Home Ministry helps:
- Arranging rides to church services and evening gatherings for those who can’t drive
- Helping ill members of the congregation with meals, rides to doctor appointments, grocery shopping, or running errands
- Maintaining a collection of health equipment, such as wheelchairs and crutches, that can be borrowed by members of the church or the community
- Offering training programs in emergency preparedness and in skills needed to be of service to people who are ill
- Offering help and direction to those who are planning a reception following the funeral of a member of Christ Church.
We welcome your thoughts on the needs in the congregation and on ways we can serve.